Baby Beer, Help with Coffee Stout Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston85

Reaction score
So my wife is due in about a month, and we are looking to make a baby beer. My wife loves coffee (I hate it but like Coffee flavor in beer), so I was thinking of doing some type of Coffee Stout. I would like to keep it on the lower ABV side so the wife can drink it after having nothing for 9+ months. I didn't see anything in the recipe database that was defined as coffee stout, so was wondering if the great community could help me out on a recipe. I am pretty open to what ingredients it uses, just looking for something 6% and below, with a nice coffee/chocolate hint to it.

Anyone have any styles like this that they have done that they are willing to share?

I would try for an English dark mild (low ABV) with just a little cold pressed coffee (I'd use decaf for your wife since she'll need all the sleep possible, and you too). Maybe use kolsch yeast and ferment it at lower temperatures to make the beer dry and biscuity but not malty). And I would use low acid water, maybe add some minerals to sweeten the roasty taste. ??

Back