B&W OLD Guy AVATARS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eclectic farmer from Michigan. But why, I wonder, would you choose that?

The grandson of the man in the picture lives in AZ and is president of the farmers legacy, Globe Corp, so perhaps that?

He's my great grandfather. Not a farmer and not from MI. He was a coal magnate born in PA and lived most of his life in Chicago, but he did have a summer home/chicken farm/private zoo in Holland MI.

He's my great grandfather. Not a farmer and not from MI. He was a coal magnate born in PA and lived most of his life in Chicago, but he did have a summer home/chicken farm/private zoo in Holland MI.

how in the hell are we supposed to guess that? all your internets belong to us.

how in the hell are we supposed to guess that? all your internets belong to us.

He was one of the wealthiest and most influential people in Chicago, and besides, I'm not gonna just hand out 100 internets for something everyone would know. :p

OK, I'm back

he's the most famous relative I have, a huge movie star in his day and the first to star as the well-known character he portrayed. the author of the book his character is from didn't want him at all, but had no say in the matter after signing the rights away

he also was a bit player in Birth of a Nation and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

and he's about as distant a relative as you can get. I calculated him as a 6th cousin 7 times removed

OK, I'm back

he's the most famous relative I have, a huge movie star in his day and the first to star as the well-known character he portrayed. the author of the book his character is from didn't want him at all, but had no say in the matter after signing the rights away

he also was a bit player in Birth of a Nation and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

and he's about as distant a relative as you can get. I calculated him as a 6th cousin 7 times removed

Elmo Lincoln?

And no, I don't win the internet. I had to look it up. (I did know the picture was a Tarzan, though)

George Eastman. YOU ALL LOSE!!!!!!:tank:

Elmo Lincoln?

And no, I don't win the internet. I had to look it up. (I did know the picture was a Tarzan, though)

it is Elmo Lincoln and he is related to me by way of my great-grandmother Clara Eastman. her grandfather's brother's son was Otto Elmo Linkenhelt and he was the first to play Tarzan in the movies

I did say the relation was distant

we're pretty sure Clara was not related to George

Should be easy enough for some of you. That and . . .

<------- I'm not related to this guy though some might be (in more ways than one).

Did you read Candice Millard's Destiny of the Republic? It's on my Kindle, but I am in the middle of another biography of hers. Garfield might be one of the most interesting presidents we ever had (length of term notwithstanding).

Yes I did, its a very interesting book. Her portrait of Garfield is very interesting, but just as interesting is the description of the political context of the time. Those who opposed Garfield, who were in favor of patronage, did so not because they were evil or nefarious, but because they thought it was the best way to govern. Today, we would scratch our heads at that thought. It makes one wonder what positions we hold dear now that future generations will puzzle over.

Yes I did, its a very interesting book. Her portrait of Garfield is very interesting, but just as interesting is the description of the political context of the time. Those who opposed Garfield, who were in favor of patronage, did so not because they were evil or nefarious, but because they thought it was the best way to govern. Today, we would scratch our heads at that thought. It makes one wonder what positions we hold dear now that future generations will puzzle over.

they will be puzzled by the number of home brewers who hold dearly their beards.:D

A compromise:

smileyfacepizzalarge.jpg

Back