Awsome Dad/ Fam brewery help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
So I just wanted to start this thread to, have a place to show and talk about how your Dad or family have heled you with brewing equipment ect.

So my Dad is a welder and works at a big shop. He calls me and asks if I could use 20 inches stainless pipe. I can weld a little but not that great honestly. So in reply I said yes I could make a brew pot and a mash tun. Well turns out it was two sections of pipe. So we talk about pot sizes and locations for drains. I got all the Farrell's together and sent them to him. So last night he sent me this picture. So I have two conical fermenter, mash tun and brew kettle being made.

How has you dad or family helped you out in building your brewing setup?

IMG_0862.jpg

My dad dosn't brew with me but he builds stuff for me. I take him spent grain for his cows.

My dad died before I started brewing. Enjoy every minute that you get to spend with yours and spend every minute that you can with him. Life is short.

My dad died before I started brewing. Enjoy every minute that you get to spend with yours and spend every minute that you can with him. Life is short.

Very true! Sorry for your loss. My wife lost her dad when she was 11. I have seen how hard it can be even at 35 for her.
Do you have any other family members that have helped make of upgrade equipment?

Well on a happy note I got this pic.

IMG_0864.jpg

Very true! Sorry for your loss. My wife lost her dad when she was 11. I have seen how hard it can be even at 35 for her.
Do you have any other family members that have helped make of upgrade equipment?

Well on a happy note I got this pic.

That's awesome, I know I am blessed like you and have a dad that will help me out whenever he can. Even though he doesn't like to brew and chokes down my hop bombs when he is over.

When I started brewing in 1980 with a friend my dad and her dad liked the beer so much they rented a shut down cafe and helped convert it into a 2 family party center/brewery. With 2 extended families brewing we often did 20-30 gallons a weekend. Plus we had the commercial kitchen and space for 2 big family dining rooms that sat over 50 each so we had our holidays there. With the commercial kitchen to cook in it sure saved on messing up mom and dad's house when all 50++ of us got together! We also had football weekends where both our families got together to play cards and have fun during the game. Was a fun decade then we moved apart and I sold my half of the setup to my friend so she could keep brewing for her family who were still in town.

Back