Awolnation sail a rip off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Song "maybe it's my add baby"

does it bother anyone else that this song is blatantly ripped off from the main theme of "Last of the Mohicans"?

Maybe its MY add baby, but it bugs the eff out of me.

do me a favor, youtube last of the mohicans or watch the movie, whatever.

It is so ripped off it isn't funny.

I mildly see your point, but if everyone went around getting up in arms over someone else covering a song, or sampling other people's songs, none of us would have any music to listen to. I still think AWOLnatiion is just as talented as I did before, it's just music my man.

I'm not entirely sure...

vs

Actually.... No. I don't think it's a rip off....

Wait... Damn it... I hear it... You're right. Took me listening like 5 times back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

It happens all the time and here's a couple that are even more blatant.

Bill Cosby and Carlos Mencia

Lady Gaga and Ace of Base (and Ace of Base is far from original too)
[ame]http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6170156/lady-gaga-rips-off-ace-of-base[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, wow! This thread de-railed fast, but almost as surprising, it almost went somewhere!! lol.

sorry, but this is sneakier because "Who the eff is gonna rip off an orchestral soundtrack for a rock song?"

It is subtly different, but it is enough to bother me. That coupled with the naive way they say "Maybe it's my ADD" WAY TOO MANY TIMES. It is an effective lyric if peppered in there twice at most. After the 15th time, they are blatantly leaning on it.

I guess with bad enough ADD he mioght forget he already said it 14 times.

I've had Sail rattling around in my head for 2 days now... sadly I think the only thing that's going to get it out is a bullet.

weirdboy said:
Yes, Ace of Base copied all their music from Nintendo.

That is a little unfair. 2 of their tracks are ripped from the Littlest pet shop game for x box. Waaaaay post-nintendo. ;)

Every time I hear Awolnation's "Sail," I think of that lovely young lady dancing in the rain, even though the rain is from a garden hose. As long as I can watch Shawna dance in the rain, I don't care if the song is a rip-off or not. Her red headed pal Tessa is nice to look at too. They have some talent too, if you haven't already, watch some of their other vids, quite creative.
Regards, GF.

i swear to ****ing god if u dare say anything more about Sail or AWOL i will slit your worthless throat
i made this account just so i could make fun of your ridiculous stupidity

I said something about 'em; come & get me. You're a daisy if ya do. :p

Every time I hear Awolnation's "Sail," I think of that lovely young lady dancing in the rain, even though the rain is from a garden hose. As long as I can watch Shawna dance in the rain, I don't care if the song is a rip-off or not. Her red headed pal Tessa is nice to look at too. They have some talent too, if you haven't already, watch some of their other vids, quite creative.
Regards, GF.

Same here. That bright red lipstick, dark hair, slightly evil grin... great stuff.

i swear to ****ing god if u dare say anything more about Sail or AWOL i will slit your worthless throat
i made this account just so i could make fun of your ridiculous stupidity

Lol. Still only 1 post????? OK, wtf, I'll bite.

Sail is some unoriginal crap from some whiney, unoriginal *****ebags.

"Blame it on my add...."

:drunk:

Song "maybe it's my add baby"

does it bother anyone else that this song is blatantly ripped off from the main theme of "Last of the Mohicans"?

Maybe its MY add baby, but it bugs the eff out of me.

ADD, or insecurity?

Only one of the two traits seems to be able to account for the actual existence of this thread. :rockin::smack::rockin:

I love "Last of the Mohicans" and the music is phenomenal. Add to that my ADD, insecurity (whatever floats your boat) My keen ears and intelect, and I see right through that POS song.

The *****ers have a half idea for a song, but at this point it is nothing. One of them has seen "Last of the Mohicans" and isn't flat out copying, but as he plays the notes on the keyboard, his co-horts are like "whoah! that's it!!!" and he is thinking that he should remember where he heard that, but WTF, lets roll with it.

Intentional or not. RIP OFF.

I HATE rip offs.

There is another song that blatantly rips off the march from the second Indiana Jones movie, but it gets ZERO airplay, so I let that be their punishment.

I half agree with cheez. However there is that underground synth rock fan part of me that gives leeway here since AWOLNATION is just one dude making music using mostly electronic equipment. Sampling is part of life for this style of music.

It's not that much different than using C hops & 1056 to make a great west coast style PA or IPA and claiming it as your own creation.

Back