Avantco IC1800 info needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2LiveBrewCrew

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if the Avantco IC1800 needs a dedicated circuit for power or will a regular 15 amp 120 volts circuit be ok...

That said, I've been using the more powerful model, the IC3500, for 8 years and really like the 3500W for all grain (full boil) 5-6 gallon batches. If you do Brew in a Bag or are going to in the (near) future, maybe consider the IC3500 instead?
You do need a 240V 15A or better, 20A circuit for that. An electric clothes dryer socket is usually 240V 30A, which could be used.

I occasionally do 11 gallon batches on it too, it just takes twice as long to heat everything. Otherwise, once it's there it only takes about 1000-1800 watt to keep temps during the boil, similar to 5-6 gallon batches.

Put some insulation around your kettle and on your lid, to reduce heat loss. You can also boil with the lid partially (1/2 - 3/4 way) on.

Back