Autotune Help Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace0005

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered at nauseum, but when one autotunes their electric brewery brew panel Love Controls Series 16C mash PID, everyone says it should be done on brew day....

1) Does this mean that it should this be done while the mash is recirculating before my mash time starts?
2) Does this need to be done every brew day?

Asking for a friend :rolleyes:

Temps overshoot during autotuning (it's part of the process) so I wouldn't do it on a real mash that you care about. Once you've done it, you shouldn't need to do it again, unless you do very different mash volumes. In that case, you can auto tune for the different volumes, and write the P, I and D parameters for each volume down so you can manually reset them as needed, rather than rerunning autotune.

Brew on :mug:

Temps overshoot during autotuning (it's part of the process) so I wouldn't do it on a real mash that you care about. Once you've done it, you shouldn't need to do it again, unless you do very different mash volumes. In that case, you can auto tune for the different volumes, and write the P, I and D parameters for each volume down so you can manually reset them as needed, rather than rerunning autotune.

Brew on :mug:
That’s great advice, thank you!

Latest posts

Back