• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Automated 10Gal All Grain + Conicals for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackheart

Reaction score
Well it looks like I need to sell all of the brewing gear unfortunately. I have listed some of the equipment available with some prices but everything is negotiable. Based in Upstate NY not far from Syracuse or PA.

Black Heart Brewery Going Out of Business Sale
http://blackheartbrewery.com/sale/
bhb.jpg

Black Heart Brewery is currently out of business and we are looking to sell our brewing equipment. This includes everything from our automated brew system to kegs, adapters, and glassware. Listed below are the majority of items for sale and an approximate price we paid for the parts/materials. Please contact Brett at [email protected] with any offers or to set up a time to see any of the systems. Check out our YouTube videos to see some of the gear in action.

Automated, 10+ gallon, all-Grain brewing system
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/automated-herms-system-132119/
b1.JPG

This is a custom built brew system on a welded frame with heavy duty wheels. It currently uses 3x 15 gallon kegs for the kettles. The frame/pumps/etc were all designed to support larger brew systems if the 3 kettles are upgraded. Some key features of the system.
10+ gallon all-grain HERMS coil system
2x Hurricane burners, currently running on Natural gas, can be converted to propane
2x March 809HS pumps
120vAC
All 1.5" TriClover fittings, 3/4" ID bore, 1/2" Silicon tubing
12x 12vdc Electronic Ball Valves
BrewTroller based automation
Extra parts/fittings/wires/valves, mash paddle and other accessories
Complete 3D models, parts lists, wiring diagrams, instructions available
$5,000

2x 22 gallon Brewhemoth automated fermentation setup
b5.JPG

b6.JPG

b7.JPG

This is a complete fermentation system based around the Brewhemoth Conical fermenters and the BrewTroller FermTroller system. Everything runs off of 120vAC. Currently their are two 22 gallon conical fermentors and two standing chest freezers. The freezers have been modified to include internal switched AC outlets for heating and a constant 120vAC outlet for yeast stirrers etc.
2x 22 Gallon Stainless Steel Conical Fermenters
All Tri Clover fittings and Butterfly valves
Sample valve, sight glass, and transfer tubing, Pump directly from brew system into fermenters
Brand new chest freezers have the output to chill wort quickly
System wired to expand to control 4 additional heating/cooling devices immediately and can expand
Digital temperature probes for accuracy
Accessories, Stainless Steel dump buckets, included
Pressure adapter to Force carb in fermenters! (aka brite tank)
Very new, used 4-5 times
$4,000

4-Tap Kegerator
b2.JPG

b3.JPG

b4.JPG

Converted chest freezer holds 4-5 1/6bbl kegs (aka Sixtels) or Corny/Soda kegs. I typically run 4x 5 gallon kegs (two 10-gallon batches) and a 5th keg with sanitizer. The chest freezer has been painted black with appliance paint and taps are built into the lid without the need for a wooden collar. It's also on wheels!
Holds 5x 5gallon kegs
All Stainless Steel Parts, No plated Brass etc anywhere
4x Perlick taps! Super easy to clean and very high end. One is also a creamer faucet
Everything is Micro Matic parts
Currently setup with 4x Sankey keg couplers but can be converted to Corny/Soda kegs easily
Quick Disconnect self sealing fittings for gas
CO2 tanks available
Built with extra gas QD hookup for Quick bottle filling from any keg using an available Counter Pressure Bottle Filler
Dual Pressure zones to carbonate one batch while serving another or serve at two different pressures
Love controller for temperature control
$600

Custom Monster Mill 3D milling station
b8.JPG

b9.JPG

A custom built milling cart based on the Monster Mill 3D grain mill. The mill has been motorized with a 120v motor sealed in the cart. A lower cabinet holds a 5-6 gallon bucket to catch milled grain while keeping dust down. Its on wheels of course!
Based on the Monster Mill 3D MM-3 3-roller mill with upgraded hardened stainless steel rollers
Fully adjustable milling, this thing can chew through grain in seconds
120vAC motor with start/stop and reverse
Made from high quality Baltic Birch plywood with vinyl covering for easy cleaning
Built in metal hopper
$400

10x+ Plastic Sankey Kegs
b11.JPG

I have 10-12 plastic Sankey style kegs from Plastic Kegs America, a few smaller SS snaky kegs and 1 full sized keg converted to a 10- gallon fermentor.
$20-50 each

Large Chest Freezer
b10.JPG

Large chest freezer converted with a Love controller in an external enclosure with magnetic mount to easily monitor and change temperatures. Easily stores carboys, kegs, etc.
$100

Other Stuff

Grolish flip top bottles
Growlers
Bottle cappers + caps
Glass carboys
Counter Pressure Bottle Filler
CO2 tanks
SS Party Taps
Extra SS parts, fittings, taps, connecters, Tri-Clover parts
Yeast stirrer + flask
50+ pounds of honey from local Marathon location

Looking for anything else? I may have it. Willing to make some good deals and bundle equipment to get it into a good new home.

Unfortunately I just have the standard pumps that have the upgraded impellers that are still plastic, not the metal heads. I used the two built into the brew system and added an external connection to pump into the fermenters.

Breaks my heart to see this - your setup is what inspired my lust for brewing tech. If I was a richer man, I'd drive down to buy your gear.

Consider putting an ad on probrewer - I imagine your equipment would make a good pilot brewery for a commercial operation?

Thanks. The plan was to use this gear to transition from homebrewing to pro-brewing. It didn't work out for us and now its time to move forward. Unfortunately I'm going to have to take a break from brewing for the foreseeable future.

That is a great deal on the mill. Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.

Just a new motor that beefy will easily cost you $200; there's motorized options on here with cheap 2 roller mills (in one case a motorized setup without any mill at all for what you're asking) for sale for more than that and they don't come with the cabinet either. A 3 roller Monster 3D with hardened rollers, the motor and hopper and everything fully wired and installed into a cabinet for $400?!?

Someone in NY should jump on this. This is better than most home brew shop mills that I've seen.
Seriously this is a mill you buy and then leave in your will to someone because with the hardened rollers it should last forever.

Adam

I've had a few offers on pieces of the system. I'd like to sell everything in groups, the brew system, the fermentation system, the kegerator. When those sell I can let go of some of the other parts like CPBF and CO2 tanks. I'm willing to make some deals or help you retrofit or modify this system to work with parts you have, electric brewing etc.

The Malt Mill has been sold. Bean, a fellow Penn-Stater, came and picked it up this weekend. Thanks!

Yes I did and it is quite sexy.

for anyone else looking at this sale, the pictures to not do enough justice for the quality of craftsmanship and engineered planning that went into this build. For anyone who is looking to upgrade or simply switch the type of brewing they are doing this turn key setup will immediately improve the quality of your beer.

I just upgraded my kettles to a 1bbl system, working on electric build for control panel/ rims setup. Those fermenters are nice and shiny, I need pumps too. If you decide to part out drop me a line. I may be able to get some more cash built up.

Chest freezer $100? Is it still available? I am in Saratoga, but have family out west and I could make some arrangements

I will ask the disregarded question: is the chest freezer still available? If so, any chance to take additional pictures or measurements? I will be in the Syracuse area next weekend and might be able to haul some other things back (I might not; it depends what car is available). But just checking in to see if this might be possible.

thanks, Ken

I will ask the disregarded question: is the chest freezer still available? If so, any chance to take additional pictures or measurements? I will be in the Syracuse area next weekend and might be able to haul some other things back (I might not; it depends what car is available). But just checking in to see if this might be possible.

thanks, Ken

I will take some measurements tonight and post them. The chest freezer is still available.

Sorry to hear you had to close up the business. If I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd be interested in some of your stuff for sure. Can you tell me the make & model of the chest freezer you used for your brewhemoth? I have a single hemoth and havent been satisfied with the IC for it, but am having a hard time finding a fridge that will fit it.

Sorry to hear you had to close up the business. If I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd be interested in some of your stuff for sure. Can you tell me the make & model of the chest freezer you used for your brewhemoth? I have a single hemoth and havent been satisfied with the IC for it, but am having a hard time finding a fridge that will fit it.

I had to find one that had a rear radiator and not individual shelves. I just went to my local appliance store and started measuring. This is a frigidaire standing freezer and not a refrigerator. I don't know the model number. When I pull them away from the wall I will take a look.

The All-Grain automated brew system is still available. Nearly everything else, including the fermentors, kegerators, and kegs have been sold. The brew system is being sold as a complete unit with extra parts, wiring diagrams and and instructions if needed.

Don't count me out of brewing just yet... It looks like I won't be in a position to brew with this sized system for a year or two and it can't make the move with me. I'm sure I'll be back at it before I know it.

Bump! I've sold a few more items but the brew system remains! looking for a good home for this guy I've spent countless hours on. Willing to make a deal!

Latest posts

Back