Auberins SYL 2362 Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIWI

Reaction score
I was given a electric brewing system. It is a homemade 5 gal pot with homemade controller. It has temp control , on/off power switch, power button for element and temp probe and separate temp on pot. Filled pot with water and powered up controller. Top readout was 72 bottom 250. Element started heating water. The temp that is on the pot showed water temp at 58 F. I was initially thinking top was current temp and bottom was your set point temp. The system comes from my homebrew club friend of a friend so it is a bit difficult to get back to the original owner so I am reaching out in the forum first.

I did not finish my post. I am looking for help on the settings and what they are currently reading and how to change settings. I downloaded the Auber 2362 instruction manual but it is way to technical for me to understand. Any help is appreciated.

A little more clarity might help..It sounds like you're geographically in the same range I am since 58°F is the same groundwater temp I have here, so I'm assuming that temp is on a pot-mounted thermometer. The 72° sounds like room temp and gives me no idea where the probe may be located..that is assuming (again) that you're referring to the 'current temp' readout on the SYL and it follows (presumably) that 250 is the set target temp of the SYL.
Perhaps show us a picture of the pot so we know where these numbers are coming from.
:bigmug:

K the pot has its own temp gauge. There is a temp probe or maybe called a thermo coupler I assume that connects to the controller. I filled the pot with water and the top read out on the auber 2362 showed 72 while the pot thermometer shows 58F. This is what I am not understanding what that number (72) represents. The bottom number from what I can see is a functionable setpoint for the liquid in the boil pot. I did assume the top number was the pot liquid temp but it definitely is not correct. After downloading the manual for the controller I do see it has a host of options for what the numbers could represent. (limit setpoints, alarms, C or F and more) There are a group of codes that are used to change the parameters of the controller and I do not want to start getting into the programming and have a bunch of errors. I feel the lower limit setpoint is what I can use for now and still have the pot thermometer as a secondary temp. I would just like to understand the functions the controller is used for. Hope this clarrifies my previous post.

The sections of the manual you need to worry about. It's possible it's not set to the correct probe type.

1676868916496.png

However, since the temp is only off by 20 or so degrees, it might just need calibrating.

1676868990012.png

For boil intensity control, read this section because you can't control boil with a temperature target in the lower readout.

1676869087618.png

Back