• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oregon Auber WS-1500ES Plug-n-play PID setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dysphoria

Reaction score
Used this Auber PID setup a couple times for a 120v RIMS experiment, but now have settled on a traditional mash. I don't need this anymore, so am putting it up for sale.

Would be great for those who don't want to fiddle with building their own PID controller setup.

**Note** this PID setup is probably best suited to a 120v setup due to the max current rating(15A at 120V, 10A at 240V)

bjdg8p.jpg

SOLD!

Any issues? What kind of RIMS setup did you have?

No issues whatsoever. I was using it on a 20L buffalo boiler outfitted with a solarpump for recirc.
I used it as a personal experiment to see how much of a efficiency hit I would take switching to RIMS. It surprisingly didn't impact my efficiency as much as I had expected, but it was more trouble than I really could justify vs. a standard cooler mash tun which has worked perfectly for me for a good long time.

For what it's worth, it's a fantastic plug-n-play setup, and would be fantastic for a lazy person wanting to run a 120v RIMS tube.

I am open to offers and/or trades.

I need another 40+qt kettle, also looking for a stainless immersion chiller. Open to anything though.

I have a 25' stainless immersion chiller from morebeer.com with bass hose fittings but not sure that's an even trade for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back