Auber SYL-2352 Temperature Jumping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tofuguy

Reaction score
Yesterday I did my first wet test with my cheap control box and after about 2 hours of testing the PV temperature reading started to jump very high then drop back to normal. Attached are two screenshots from a video I took with it happening.

So far I did...
Pin to pin check on all wiring
Pin to other pins isolation check on the wiring
Verified I had no cold solder joints
Verified I had no spread terminals
Verified I had no terminal push outs
Built a new cable from scratch and saw the same issue.
Tried a second RTD
Verified the PID's Sn = 21.

I am at a loss of what it could be. Especially after 2 hours without any issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

View attachment 1495663854960.jpg

View attachment 1495663866584.jpg

I cant help with diagnostics but I had the same controller and it was throwing out wrong temps, not 500 deg but still off. Then other odd things were happening that I cant remember. I gave up trying to figure it out after testing the wire and temp probe like you did.

I bought a Mypin. It was the only thing I changed on the system and now it works perfect. From my experience I would say a faulty PID....but simply a guess.

I am getting to the point of buying a new PID. Spent 3 hours yesterday debugging without success. Does the MyPin have manual control? This is for an eBIAB setup.

I am getting to the point of buying a new PID. Spent 3 hours yesterday debugging without success. Does the MyPin have manual control? This is for an eBIAB setup.
It does. Its a Mypin TD4...cheaper to. Its also the same size so you don't need to adjust the hole in the box. Mine is running a 5500W setup

Sounds like it might be a new setup. Aubrins warrenties there stuff. They might jerk you around with shipping though. Amazon has it for $29 prime.

Again wouldn't want you to buy a new one based on my guess in case its something else....just sayin it worked for me....good luck

Is there any inductive loads in your system, like mechanical contactor, relay, solenoid, etc? If yes, can you simply try another power source/outlet?

Some possibilities:

1. Bad connection/cable/sensor. You said you have replaced the RTD sensor but the problem remains. If possible, can you try another RTD cable?

2. Signal interference. Please try: 1) keep the RTD sensor wires away from your power wires. If possible, you can use aluminium foil to isolate the RTD sensor wires. 2) Use the digital filter inside of the controller. Try to increase parameter FILt to 3 or 4.

I am working through Auber's Forum for Tech Support. I performed all of the suggestions and still no luck.

Video of the issue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-zI-JTKASFREk1R0JhbVRtRWs/view

Back