Auber 2352 - Alarm Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe_203

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the alarm on an Auber 2352 needs to be wired? I have the hot line coming into the PID jumped to pin 13. Pin 1 runs into a switch, out of the switch, and into the alarm. The other side of the alarm runs back into the neutral of the PID. If I jump pin 13 and 1, the alarm will sound, but it does not sound when the alarm triggers. I have also tested pins 1 and 13 for continuity with the alarm light off and on and there seems to be no continuity in either state. When the alarm1 led laminates there is an audible "click", so it seems the relay is working. Are there any settings in the PID that would cause this issue?

Did you set the alarm output definition "AL-P" ? This maps the alarms to the proper alarm contact.

In that case, the alarm contact should operate when the process high alarm (ALM1 setting) comes in. Is that what you're expecting to happen? Sounds like you have it wired correctly.

Yep, that is what I would like to happen. It is almost like the contacts on the PID are not closing. There is no continuity across the terminals for alarm 1 or 2 when they are active.

joe_203 said:
Can someone explain how the alarm on an Auber 2352 needs to be wired? I have the hot line coming into the PID jumped to pin 13. Pin 1 runs into a switch, out of the switch, and into the alarm. The other side of the alarm runs back into the neutral of the PID. If I jump pin 13 and 1, the alarm will sound, but it does not sound when the alarm triggers. I have also tested pins 1 and 13 for continuity with the alarm light off and on and there seems to be no continuity in either state. When the alarm1 led laminates there is an audible "click", so it seems the relay is working. Are there any settings in the PID that would cause this issue?

I have not wired mine yet but will watch this to see what you find out I have the same PID, good luck

Pin 1 is the input for the internal relay. Pin 13 is normally open contact and pin 14 is normally closed.
So power goes to pin 1, pin 13 goes to the switch and from the switch to the alarm.

Reading that you did a continuity test and there is nothing in alarmed or unalarmed you might have a bad relay. Do you have continuity between pin 1 and 14? This can be tested with pid powered off.
If you do then half of the relay is good, if not then the internal relay shot. :(

Pin 13 is normally open contact and pin 14 is normally closed.

Actually there are two independent relays with form A contacts in the 2352, one connected between pins 1 & 13, and the other between 13 & 14. I agree that you could have a bad relay. What you could do to test is change the AL-P setting to 16, and move your alarm wiring to pins 13 & 14. This will map all the alarms to the 2nd alarm contact. If that works, then you have a bad alarm #1 relay.

sdrugre.
Thanks for correcting me. I was going off the diagram on the side of a spare PID.
Andrew

This was the diagram I made, at the direction of the auberins guy to set up the alarm. I put a switch on it to manually cancel the alarm if it goes off. He told me that it would allow the same alarm to fire for a low and high value.

I have yet to try setting the alarm, but I know if triggers the alarm from basic bench testing. Not sure if this helps.

Alarm.jpg

I took the controller apart and found the board was burned (Not sure how it happened, but apparently I screwed up somehow). I soldered a new wire on to bridge the broken connection and the alarms now work.

Latest posts

Back