attn North Carolina homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdonahu3

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm looking for millennials involved in the North Carolina homebrewing and BBQ scenes - I work for Hit + Run, an NYC production company. We are searching for young people who are “in-the-know” about events in the southern states, and are on a mission to uncover the not-so publicized, but authentic events that take place in North Carolina, through the eyes of the young people who attend them.

We are especially interested in covering events related to homebrewing (and BBQ) - If you know of any cool, informal gatherings and event organizers in the area, or a group of friends who might have an in, I would love to hear about it. For more information or to speak with a casting director please email [email protected]

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the forums!

I am in CLT, NC and was wondering more about what events you are looking for. Are you excluding brewery sanctioned events? I can put you in touch with a couple that owns their own BBQ catering service and may be able to come up with some nifty homebrew ideas.

Can you delve a little deeper into what your motivation is and given the "casting director" I assume this is a filmed project?

Also, off topic, I do production work and can be available for lighting or audio work!

Thanks,
Anthony

I'm also curious for more information - there is a huge amount of action in both the brewing and BBQ here in the Raleigh/Durham area - would love to help out in any way I can.

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the forums!

I am in CLT, NC and was wondering more about what events you are looking for. Are you excluding brewery sanctioned events? I can put you in touch with a couple that owns their own BBQ catering service and may be able to come up with some nifty homebrew ideas.

Can you delve a little deeper into what your motivation is and given the "casting director" I assume this is a filmed project?

Also, off topic, I do production work and can be available for lighting or audio work!

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the response! I am working on a new documentary series - it will air on Rated Red, a new digital channel on Verizon Go90’s platform. We are aiming to uncover what cool, unheard of gatherings and subcultures millennials in the southern states are involved in (the first few episodes are covering North Carolina).

We think that an episode about homebrewing would be awesome and relevant, and are hoping to find some unpublicised events that are exclusively "word-of-mouth" (i.e. a group of friends that hold a monthly homebrewing competition at one of their houses, and afterwards throws a party/BBQ). While the entire group doesn't have to be millennial aged, our target demographic is men in their 20s, so a group consisting of mostly twenty-somethings is ideal. We are looking to film November 1 up until Thanksgiving, so anything in that timeframe works. Let me know if you have any further questions! Also, feel free to spread the word, I'd love any contacts you are willing to give me.

I will definitely keep you in mind if we need any additional lighting / audio help, thanks so much!

Sarah

I'm also curious for more information - there is a huge amount of action in both the brewing and BBQ here in the Raleigh/Durham area - would love to help out in any way I can.

Hi!

Thanks for the response! I am working on a new documentary series - it will air on Rated Red, a new digital channel on Verizon Go90’s platform. We are aiming to uncover what cool, unheard of gatherings and subcultures millennials in the southern states are involved in (the first few episodes are covering North Carolina).

We think that an episode about homebrewing would be awesome and relevant, and are hoping to find some unpublicised events that are exclusively "word-of-mouth" (i.e. a group of friends that hold a monthly homebrewing competition at one of their houses, and afterwards throws a party/BBQ). While the entire group doesn't have to be millennial aged, our target demographic is men in their 20s, so a group consisting of mostly twenty-somethings is ideal. We are looking to film November 1 up until Thanksgiving, so anything in that timeframe works. Let me know if you have any further questions! Also, feel free to spread the word, I'd love any contacts you are willing to give me.

Sarah

Sarah,

I shot you an email - if you want to reply to it I can start gathering information for you.

Back