Attaching regulators to True TDD-1 Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-CHRIS-

Reaction score
I just bought a 15 year old True Kegerator which I plan on dispensing 4 corny out of. Since my beer styles require a wide range of pressures, I am going to have to mount 4 regulators inside the cabinet. I have some tap rite secondary regulators with plastic bases. Will sheetmetal screws in the inside of the cabinet be robust enough to hold?

Chris

I actually installed the 4 regulators in the left side wall all the way towards the top and front of the unit. Most of the commercial fridges seem to be similar, the compressor is in the bottom and the cooling unit is in the top. As long as you don't drill into the wires or compressor lines, you should be in the clear.

I actually installed the 4 regulators in the left side wall all the way towards the top and front of the unit. Most of the commercial fridges seem to be similar, the compressor is in the bottom and the cooling unit is in the top. As long as you don't drill into the wires or compressor lines, you should be in the clear.

Thank you for your reply, was the reason you chose not to mount it in the back because the wires and compressor lines are run back there? I have been imagining this whole time putting the regulator in the back above the tank shelf because my prepunched hole is in the back bottom right and I thought it would be a "cleaner" look with less tubing. However I am scared of both your formentioned warnings and I would end up hitting a wire or compressor line.

So I ended up doing a less perminate solution, then rivets. I ended UP buying 4 strong magnets off Amazon that have screw in hooks, and just went to home depot and bought screws that fit in the holes with washers. I also sprayed each magnet with rustoleum paint to help them last longer inside the kegerator. Overall super happy with the results and recommend to anyone who has a metal interior of their fridge or kegerator and do not want to drill through it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F866W7U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

View attachment 1497192407731.jpg

View attachment 1497192434267.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back