Attaching black iron flange to kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignick270

Reaction score
I just bought a kegerator and I really like the look of the black iron DIY beer towers such as this one:
il_570xN.214695622.jpg

I am looking on Amazon at the Anvil brand iron flanges, specifically the 1.5" or 2" ones. I cross checked their website and see the mounting hole center to center is 3.5" for the 1.5" flange and 4" for the 2" flange. The mounting holes on my kegerator are measuring out to 3.75" center to center.

Whats the best way to attach the flange? I am guess new holes will need to be added to the kegerator top and add long bolt through to the inside :(

I'd bet you could get away with construction adhesive (liquid nails) if applied correctly and you didn't care about ever removing it. If you want it to be serviceable I assume screwing/thru-bolting is your only choice.

For what it is worth I went ahead and used 10-32 3/4" bolts and the flange mount holes had enough give to line up with the inserts in the Insignia Kegerator.

The tower is looking good (although the 6" nipple is shorter than I though but a pint glass still fits under it).

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back