• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Ascon PID Controllers and RIMS/HERMS accessories

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdb

Reaction score
I have three "Like New" Ascon, 1/8 DIN, Gamma Due Series, X1, PID Temp Controllers. They are 100-240 VAC and have 3 relay outputs. These are large 48mm X 96mm and are extremely versatile. These can be used in connection with relays and various switching devices to control just about anything including burners, elements, motors and most any electrical devices. PID's can be programmed in software the downloaded to PID's or directly from PID. These PID's will accept various temp sensors.
also included is a "matching" Ascon 1/8 DIN J1 Temperature Display/Alarm with K thermocouple. (Could be used to monitor fermentor and sound alarm if temps are out of range as well as giving a visual of actual temp without opening door)

Use Part number below to decode specific features of the PID's I am offering by looking at the Manual Link Below.

P/N - X1-3100-0300/HHA

All the information you need can be found here-

Manual PDF-

http://www.asconcorp.com/library/pdf/gamma2/X1-Manual-E.pdf

Or Here-

Details Link-

http://www.asconcorp.com/products/gamma.htm

two PID and the alarm unit come in the original package including manual, and resistor for input matching. I want to sell all as a package as I only have one serial cable and copy of software to include.
one PID, with manual and resistors, is mounted in a weatherproof workbox, with an SSR to the heater outlet and manual independent pump outlet, locking weather rated thermocouple cable, weather proof power cable. Also included is a new 110V water heater element, stainless steel locknut with O ring for the element,waterproof temp sensor and 1/2" copper T manifold for plumbing into your HERMS coil

2 of the three controllers as well as the alarm/display unit have never been used. The controller mounted in the workbox has been used twice, together as a unit. I have not programmed the unit to read the proper values with the temp sensor included, and frankly everytime I go into the manuals I get cross-eyed... simply too technical for me.

I'm selling as a package only, $200 takes everything

_DSF1921.jpg

_DSF1920.jpg

_DSF1917.jpg

Hi- I'm in Narberth out on main line.
With three controllers and and a temp display/alarm module for the Mashtun it would be great for an electric brewery... a lot of 'extra' stuff if you are doing a simple HERMS... but an electric BIAB in your apartment- that would be sweet!

chrisdb said:
Hi- I'm in Narberth out on main line.
With three controllers and and a temp display/alarm module for the Mashtun it would be great for an electric brewery... a lot of 'extra' stuff if you are doing a simple HERMS... but an electric BIAB in your apartment- that would be sweet!

I think I'm in but I am a rookie I am starting and electric Biab system. Does this include the PID SSR and what ever the heck I insert Into the pot to control temp

exactly, and much more.
What I have up for sale is 3 PID controllers- 2 unused and in boxes and the third wired up through a SSR to an electric outlet that would control the heating element in your vessel. The 'control box ' also has a seperate switch operated outlet to turn a pump on and off. Also included is a temp probe that you would put in your pot , or plumb into a herms coil, that sends signals back to the PID. I used this in a HERMS setup where I monitored the wort that was recirculating through a coil in my HLT and the PID would activate the heating element to maintain the set temperature. Also included is a 110V heating element with mounting nut and washer that you can use to convert your pot to a temp controlled vessel. Also a temp monitor and alarm unit with a seperate temp sensor.
hope this helps... you are welcome to stop by and check it out with no obligation. I can explain how I did my setup and how you could use it for BIAB, but when it comes to actually programming the units I never really got that far so I'm not much help there.
I'd strongly suggest you check out the links to the Ascon support pages and see if you are comfortable with programming these controllers. They are industrial grade controllers, very flexible in their application and as such require that they be programmed correctly for your application.

chrisdb said:
exactly, and much more.
What I have up for sale is 3 PID controllers- 2 unused and in boxes and the third wired up through a SSR to an electric outlet that would control the heating element in your vessel. The 'control box ' also has a seperate switch operated outlet to turn a pump on and off. Also included is a temp probe that you would put in your pot , or plumb into a herms coil, that sends signals back to the PID. I used this in a HERMS setup where I monitored the wort that was recirculating through a coil in my HLT and the PID would activate the heating element to maintain the set temperature. Also included is a 110V heating element with mounting nut and washer that you can use to convert your pot to a temp controlled vessel. Also a temp monitor and alarm unit with a seperate temp sensor.
hope this helps... you are welcome to stop by and check it out with no obligation. I can explain how I did my setup and how you could use it for BIAB, but when it comes to actually programming the units I never really got that far so I'm not much help there.
I'd strongly suggest you check out the links to the Ascon support pages and see if you are comfortable with programming these controllers. They are industrial grade controllers, very flexible in their application and as such require that they be programmed correctly for your application.

I can stop by after work this week if u would like. I'm kinda swamped today. If I like everything ill bring cash.

Back