Aroma Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetarisk

Reaction score
I know this defies conventional wisdom but a imperial blonde ale I brewed tastes infinitely better drank from the bottle as opposed to being poured. Others who have tried it from a pint glass have enjoyed it, but something in the aroma was off putting to me and made the beer less enjoyable.

This one fermented at a higher temp than I would have preferred and has a little bit of alcohol hotness, but is there anything else in the brewing/fermenting process that would affect the aroma of a beer?

Smell and taste go hand in hand so the smell in the glass can make the taste come out more.

How long has this been bottled? It sounds like fusel alcohol since you fermented warm. It should mellow out with some time.

Or you're your own best critic.

Give it a few more weeks. It's a higher alcohol beer. It needs some time. I stated about fusel alcohol without really thinking about it being an imperial ale. I guess Imperial and blonde ale didn't register with me. :eek:

Back