Are these cheap perlick faucets the right kind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey11bball

Reaction score
I see everyone on here talking about Perlick faucets. I have had problems with my standard faucet sticking so Im thinking about getting some forward sealing faucets. Ive noticed people saying that they have paid quite a bit of money for these perlick faucets. I found the link below on the perlick website that seems alot cheaper then what everyone has been paying on ebay, amazon, etc.

http://www.perlick.com/store/webcatalog2.php?catno=1&sectno=1&grpno=1

Are these the right faucets I want? Are all perlick faucets forward seal? or do they make the standard sticky faucets too?

Thanks for the help

cheapest place I found was farmhousebrewing.

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=144

I have these and love them, I have gone two weeks between pulls and never had a problem. I think perlick still makes the old style faucets too but all of the ones with the design like I linked to are forward sealing( 525,575, and 425 are all forward sealing)

Those are the chrome plated version. The expensive ones others post about are the stainless steel models.

The chrome models are forward-sealing, too. I have three for my keezer, but haven't been able to get them mounted yet, so can't tell you about how they work. I got mine from ritebrew.com for $17.49 each.

Edit: I'm seeing the 525PC in the OP's link for $19.80 each ...

Ok I didnt notice the SS vs chrome aspect of the two. Is there any advantage to having SS instead of chrome? I guess rust issues?

Ok I didnt notice the SS vs chrome aspect of the two. Is there any advantage to having SS instead of chrome? I guess rust issues?

Well, not "rust". The "pc" models are chrome plating over brass, and plating can be chipped off exposing the underlying brass. But there are probably millions of chrome plated brass faucets in use every day around the world, so you'd be in fine company ;)

The forward sealing aspect does not depend on stainless steel verses chrome-over-brass, it should work equally well either way.

Full disclosure: I run six 525ss faucets and love 'em to death...

Cheers!

Back