Are there any tmp controllers that can control 2 elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSRider

Reaction score
I am looking for something that can control 2 different heating elements at the same time. Like a ranco, one to heat a mlt, one to heat a heat exchanger at different temps at the same time.

Is that what ranco 2 stage controllers can do. I am trying to avoid having 2 different controllers.

I don't think Ranco has anything that can do that.

The controller would need two different temp probes .. etc.

You would probably need a computer with some type of computer program.

The ranco 2 stage controller has one probe but controls 2 different pieces of gear. You can have a heater come on when things get too cold, and then when things get too hot, you can have a cooler turn on, for example.

Look at the BCS-460. I think it'll do what you want. Otherwise, use 2 PID's.

Going with 2 Ranco type controllers would probably be the easiest and cheapest.
I've seen products like this Product but you still need to buy a second sensor and the problem is that it can't handle the amperage draw of the heating elements. The Ranco is rated for 15A @ 120V and 8A @ 208V.

I am pretty sure there is temperature (pid type) controllers that can accept multiple inputs and has multiple outputs but i do not know a specific one off hand. If its cost issue to not want 2 controllers, the multiple input/output controllers are much more expensive than 2 individual controllers. Also, going the pid temp controller route usually requires using a solid state relay to cycle the element on and off.

Yeah I think I am going to go with either 2 rancos, or 2 love controllers. It depends on the housing I come up with.

You could use one Ranco/Love, and 2 SSRs ( about $20-40 each). Whatever makes sense.

EDIT: Sorry, I re-read the OP. This won't control two diff temps

Back