Are there any brewing uses for Applesauce?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunkTruck

Reaction score
I have about 12 lbs of natural no sugar added applesauce.

Is there anyplace for apple sauce in cider making? Would it add body or flavor to an existing receipe, or would it just be a tough to clear pulpy mess?

Are there preservatives in it? Potassium sorbate, etc.?

If not, then it could have enough sugar to beef up a cider, or you could use it as a fruit to rack a beer onto for secondary.

no preservative, no sugar added there is added vitamin c (as the preservative/anitoxidant)

I was thinking of adding it in to the primary of my next cider brew to see if it would add more apple flavor possibly?

no preservative, no sugar added there is added vitamin c (as the preservative/anitoxidant)

I was thinking of adding it in to the primary of my next cider brew to see if it would add more apple flavor possibly?

If you have a way of pressing the applesauce, you'd be able to get your hands on some fresh juice to either ferment or sweeten with.

Latest posts

Back