Are all sanke taps the same?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynik

Reaction score
Will these work with a regular pin lock keg dispensing system? I can get a good deal on these, but need to be sure they'll do what I want. I'm planning to use this to serve commercial beers from my pinlock keg setup.

3m33p23oe5Q35U05R2b6g80ac91b7ea971f4a.jpg

Hard to tell, but they all look like the "D" style except the top left which looks like the Euro "S" style. They are very similar except the bottom part stick out a little while the lever it up. "D" style is what almost all American Breweries used, from macro to micro. I think Anchor uses "G" for some reason.

All you need to do is take the quick disconnects off the hoses and attach to the coupler. Beer out is on top, gas is on the side. Also, you may need a smaller barb fitting for it. I can't tell from the picture but they usually come with ones made for larger diameter hoses.

Also, just incase you or anyone else isn't familiar with tapping sanke kegs, do it like this or you will get sprayed with beer.
1. Make sure lever is UP (or the wings if it's that style)
2. Put the coupler on, turn clockwise until it won't turn anymore
3. Then push the lever down and it will be ready to go.

Taking it off:
1. Pull the lever/Wings UP
2. Then turn counter-clockwise, and that's it. If you turn first beer will spray everywhere.

I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed the wrong way. I even had a guy call and say the keg is messed up, but kept saying he knew how to tap a keg. So I did it step by step with him and what do you know it worked.

Back