Arbor Fab Basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
Does anyone here use an Arbor Fab basket for BIAB with their kettles containing temp probes thru the bulkhead and couplers inside the kettle for drain spigots?

I know there is debate about bags hanging up on the probe and such... some say don't do it and some say not a problem. Understood. The Arbor Fab basket with a 3" flat side or D shaped basket seems to be a pretty straightforward solution no matter what camp you're in.

Albeit a pricy setup, Arbor Fab suggests a 400 micron screen to most effective for BIAB brewers. I figure this to be a one time purchase and I don't see many drawbacks other then the $$$. BUT, every rose has a thorn, and I'm sure there is something that I'm not looking at too well. Not considering the price, what about functionality? Does this basket work????

I have one that I've used for maybe a year and a half for 10 gallon batches in at 25 gallon concord pot, it works great!

Did you purchase one?

I did, yes. I sent my kettle measurements and they sent me a template to ensure the fitment. I bought the "D" shape so the flat side accommodates the dip tube and therm probe.

I selected the 400 micron screen size along with the press plate to aide in squeezing/pressing the grains.

I am 100% pleased with my purchase and have used it many times since I got it. The 400 micron screen seems like the right choice and I have very little break material to filter out into fermenter.

This is a well built product and I expect it to last indefinitely with proper care.

Back