Aquarium Equipment for Kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWJ

Reaction score
I am trying to make the jump to kegging and I have found someone who is selling aquarium equipment. I am interested in his co2 tank and regulator, but I am not sure if the regulator will work for kegging. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to attach a picture of the setup ... hopefully successfully.
co2%20bottle%20assy.jpg

I've never seen a regulator like that but the tank should be fine. looks like you could take off the electronic contraption coming off the regulator and put on a ball valve and shank though. the two gages look to be of the right type. I'm sure someone here with some aquarium knolege will step up and help you out.

I'd say loose the selenoid valve and get a ball valve with a hose barb on it and you are in business. Is that a 10lb tank?

I have one of these on my planted aquarium. The regulator has a solenoid connected to a pH probe in the tank's water. As CO2 is injected, to fertilize the plants and enhance their growth, the pH of the water drops. This increases the acidity of the water. No big deal for the plants, but the fish may be affected by the drop in pH. The solenoid allows for CO2 injection as the pH rises above a predetermined level. You should be able to just remove it and it will work fine for you. As for the tank, it's the same as the ones we use for our brew. In fact, there has been more than one Sunday I was glad planted tanks was another hobby of mine because that tank in my keg fridge crapped out and I was able to pirate the tank from my aquarium to push beer. Drinking beer trumps photosynthesis just like rock beats scissors!

Latest posts

Back