Apple Scratter Drum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fossey

Reaction score
I'm making a scratter and want to know - do I treat the drum (or any wood that will come into contact with the chipped apples) with anything such as a vegetable oil or food grade lacquer?

Cheers!

Pictures of your build! You guys are about ready to start picking soon? We picked up some Rokewood scions this year from your part of the world, name was to cool to pass it up and we will see what they do here. What are you powering your scratter with? WVMJ

I'm making a scratter and want to know - do I treat the drum (or any wood that will come into contact with the chipped apples) with anything such as a vegetable oil or food grade lacquer?

Cheers!

Its taken me 12 months to get to the drum... A long way off completion yet! Scored a small wood lathe (which the drum is still on) for $50 which kick started my interest in building it again... Have drawings of old plans for an old style press which will follow. I'll get some pics up if the building phase flows smoothly!!!

Thanks GF, will see if I can source something similar here.

Back