Apple (not cider)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben6L6

Reaction score
Has anyone tried brewing an Apple beer that isn't cider. I'm thinking an apple saison or something along those lines. How did it come out? Good idea? Terrible idea?

there is brandon o's graff.
not exactly far from a cider, but not cider, nonetheless. i really enjoyed it, and it went over well with friends and family.

there is brandon o's graff.
not exactly far from a cider, but not cider, nonetheless. i really enjoyed it, and it went over well with friends and family.

it kinda is cider. it's made from beer wort and apple cider. still a good idea though. you could also look into brewing a pomme (apple) lambic, very different from your average fruit beer, but a very nice to drink brew, IMO.

I did an apple Saison recently that is great. I did a partial boil and used apple juice as some o the top off liquid. I used. 1/2 gallon. It took a while to condition and the flavor to get right but now it is very good.

Latest posts

Back