Apple Juice Concentrate Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWavs

Reaction score
I bought a couple of 1 gallon glass jugs to mess around with some different recipes.

For those of you who use apple concentrate...do you add water just like you were making apple juice to drink or is it straight apple concentrate into your carboy??

Gradually and carefully dilute it with enough water to bring the SG to where you want the eventual ABV% to be. That way you don't have to add sugar.

I use concentrated apple juice when I bottle, with no water After I rack into my bottling bucket I add one 12oz can for every two gallons of cider. It really brings back the apple taste. Plus it helps with carbonizing.

Tom

Gradually and carefully dilute it with enough water to bring the SG to where you want the eventual ABV% to be. That way you don't have to add sugar.

what he said . . .

What I normally do is add all my concentrate (normally 10 cans) then top off to 5 gallons with straight juice. ( I usually end up about 9% ABV) Then when I back sweeten I add 3 more cans.

Back