App needed please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcampo

Reaction score
Im looking for an app for my phone, or formula/calculation I can write down, that will enable me to figure out how much acid to add during mash to drop pH.

Note: I usually add minerals and/or acids before mash and use brun water for that, but my question is for adjusting the pH when it is slightly off after dough in. I don't want dabble around on my computer while my mash is going on.

I don't think it's that straight forward except maybe in a non-buffering solution. The mash is complex and Bru n' Water does a great job of prediction given the grain bill. Fine adjustments once it's all in the tun can lead you to chase your tail for the entire duration of the mash.

I don't think it's that straight forward except maybe in a non-buffering solution. The mash is complex and Bru n' Water does a great job of prediction given the grain bill. Fine adjustments once it's all in the tun can lead you to chase your tail for the entire duration of the mash.

THIS ^^^^^

I helped a buddy once on his brew and he attempted to adjust mash pH and it was EXACTLY THIS!!

After about 15min of chasing the dragon like a heroin addict, I staged an intervention and talked him down.
Gave the mash a good stir and checked again and it was spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back