Apothic dark, any fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeatherRoadBrewing

Reaction score
So I've been searching all over the Internet for a clone recipe of Apothic dark wine. Do any of you have an idea on how to make it? Honestly, a recipe that is kind of close will work, I've never been a huge fan of wine. However, my mother has asked me to make it. I already told her I'm a beer brewer, not a wine maker. But, since I'm a good son, I've decided to give it the good ol' college try. Any help would be appreciated

It would be very difficult to clone this wine. I gains a big portion of its flavor from different oaking techniques as well as being aged properly. Also using the proper grape is a big thing with cloning a wine and the grapes used in Apothic Dark are Lodi grapes. I'm sure it would run you quite a bit just for the grapes. They also never say what yeast they use but do say they use a variety of yeasts at different intervals and blends to get its flavor. Honestly I would look at this wine as something better purchased vs the cost of cloning.

Back