Apology for inappropriate post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owly055

Reaction score
Please accept my apology for the inappropriate / controversial post of yesterday titled Man Cannot Live on Beer Alone. In a poor attempt at humor, I strayed into the verboten biblical zone and stepped on some sensitive toes.

Through the prompt action of our moderator(s), it was removed before it had a chance to spin out of control.... Good work. I never seem to learn.

H.W.

I have a 4" cross tatooed on my arm. Bible talk is interesting to me, especially Bible booze talk. Jesus knew how to party. It was gone before I could reply.

Meh, I saw the post. Didn't really see anything offensive about it, but religious-based topics do tend to spin out of control quickly, which is why I think the mods stepped in and moved it out of the general discussion section of the forum.

@ajdelange - it has been moved to the debate forum, if you want to see it.

Meh, I saw the post. Didn't really see anything offensive about it, but religious-based topics do tend to spin out of control quickly, which is why I think the mods stepped in and moved it out of the general discussion section of the forum.

@ajdelange - it has been moved to the debate forum, if you want to see it.

This. It was not removed. Just relocated to a more appropriate place.

Good move. Now, since he's not a supporting member, he can't see his own thread. Nor can I. I need to pony up.

As a staunch atheist I am offended that I didn't get a chance to see it.

Same here, AJ. Except I wouldn't call myself stauch atheist, more in the "don't give a f*ck, it's a waste of time" category. But, then again, I'm kind of a nihilist...
Kudos to you, Owly, for the apology.

EDIT: Or maybe I just don't want to admit I'm a staunch atheist... Non-members can't read the Debate forum? No fair!

Non-members can't read the Debate forum? No fair!

alison_coviello.jpg

Same here, AJ. Except I wouldn't call myself stauch atheist, more in the "don't give a f*ck, it's a waste of time" category.

That's pretty much my definition of a staunch atheist. People who go to conventions to discuss what they don't believe in and to demand respect are being led around by a system of dogma - just another religion as far as I am concerned.

If I had to apologize for every inappropriate post I've made, I'd have to start like, 2600 threads.

Also, I never visit the debate sections of forums I actually like.

This. But I wouldn't really feel the need to start a thread. I'm probably lazy.

"HEY EVERYBODY! I don't believe in this or that and this is why! BEYAHHHHHHH!"

Yeah, never understood those atheists. Actually, atheists should just be the quietest group in the world, but they are often shouting the loudest.

I'm just all "Yeah, don't believe that, doesn't offend me, we can all get along here."

To even think that what he posted warranted an apology is just beyond my reasoning capabilities... apparently you can't quote books now.

Seemed like a pretty tame post to me, but I know how these things can escalate (descend?) into places they were never intended to go.

Yeah, never understood those atheists. Actually, atheists should just be the quietest group in the world, but they are often shouting the loudest.

I'm just all "Yeah, don't believe that, doesn't offend me, we can all get along here."

To even think that what he posted warranted an apology is just beyond my reasoning capabilities... apparently you can't quote books now.

Agreed! The ones that want all traces of the word "God" removed from our money, the national anthem, the Pledge Of Allegiance, etc.... I don't get them. They are the kind that go looking for things to be outraged about. Just get over it, don't let it bother you, and everyone will be happier.

My apologies. I moved the post to proactively ward off the inevitable flood of bickering and back and forth BS.

I had intended to let the OP know via PM, but I forgot.

If there is anyone who is not a supporting member and wants to view or participate in the thread, feel free to send a PM to Austin and he will get you upgraded for a small fee.

Thank you.

My apologies. I moved the post to proactively ward off the inevitable flood of bickering and back and forth BS.

I had intended to let the OP know via PM, but I forgot.

If there is anyone who is not a supporting member and wants to view or participate in the thread, feel free to send a PM to Austin and he will get you upgraded for a small fee.

Thank you.

latest

As I said, those aren't, IMO, the real atheists. Someone did a survey in which they found, unsurprisingly enough, that the higher the level of education a person had (Bob Jones U excluded, I guess) the more likely he was to be atheist. When polled, people in American Men of Science (or some such registry) claimed to be atheists at a higher rate than the population at large but when Nobel laureates were polled they just said religion was something they never thought about.

I disagree. How many atheists have come to your door wanting to talk to you about why religion wasn't important to them? Now think about how many Christians have come to your door wanting to talk to you how important their version of religion was to them and why it should be an important part of your life too.

For me, I've never had an atheist come to my door and proselytize me. On the other hand I've had dozens of Christians come up to my door and try to "convert" me or whatever they think is going to happen.

As I said, those aren't, IMO, the real atheists.

I don't know about that. Most of them are just atheists who also, for whatever reason, are hold grudges against religious institutions, and get worked up about it. Their yelling may be irritating, but it has far more to do, in most cases, with said grudges than their lack of religious beliefs.

Atheists behaving badly are just that, and not non-athiests.

Agreed! The ones that want all traces of the word "God" removed from our money, the national anthem, the Pledge Of Allegiance, etc.... I don't get them. They are the kind that go looking for things to be outraged about. Just get over it, don't let it bother you, and everyone will be happier.

How would you feel if the word "God" was replaced with the word "Satan?"

Do you understand now?

I just don't like religion shoveled in my direction....Hey, if you want to pray and sin that is your thing. I don't do either.

hmm replace the word god with satan, both biblical so why would an atheist want the switch?
I don't like the pledge of allegiance because it doesn't really apply. "one nation under god..." which god or better yet why god... "indivisible" look at congress... "with liberty and justice for all" really? where and since when... god was added to money by law in 1956, isn't there something in the book about greed being a sin..
blah,blah,blah
now it is time to crack a cold one and figure out the next batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back