Apartment Brewing and Nosey People

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. Ignore them and go about your business, smile politely when they stare at you (wave back with a "good morning/good afternoon"). The elderly ones like the words "ma'am" or "sir".

This has worked the best for me so far. I haven't brewed any beer in my place yet, but have been upgrading my brewing equipment. Most just look and smile back. Once the apartment maintenance worker stopped when I was cutting the top off a keg. He wanted to know if I was trying to get the last drop of beer out.

Is this a legal issue? Or a moral one?

If the latter, I personally wouldn't give a second thought to the issue. No matter what you do someone's going to not approve. That makes it easy to weed out the people who aren't friend material. If they don't approve... tough titty.

ETA: If they call the cops because they think you're weighing out grass, all the better. The looks on their faces when the police show up, ask a few questions, smile, and then shake your hand minutes later before leaving should be priceless.

Back