Anyone with any experience with a burner like this one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DregAddict

Reaction score
So a coworker of mine gave me an extra burner he had laying around his garage. He got it at a local Asian market, and remembers it being really affordable. The box doesn't give any information about the BTUs or regulator pressure, and much of the writing is in Chinese, but my buddy(who is Filipino and doesn't read Chinese) said he uses similar burners for really large pots and woks at family gatherings. Anyways, if anybody has used a similar burner, what kind of timeframe should I expect to reach a boil? What kind of durability and performance should I expect?

I included the propane tank and a 30 qt pot in one photo so people could gauge the overall size of the burner.

View attachment propane burner box.bmp

View attachment propane burner 1.bmp

View attachment propane burner lit.bmp

It looks exactly like the burner in that link. The link says 30,000 BTUs. Sounds kinda low, huh? My end up being a spare, maybe just for heating small infusions.

Back