Anyone with a grain mill attached to underside of..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
I am short on space at home according to my GF. Sooo I was considering geting a grain mill and mounting it to the underside of a home depot orange bucket.

The mill would be mounted on the side of the lid close to the side of the bucket so the shaft for the drill would stick through the side for attachment of drill.

I was also thinking of a plastic container slightly larger than the opening of the grain mill opening and have the bolts that hold the mill to the lid, going through the container as well to hold it to the top of the lid. Obviously with a hole cut out in the size/shape of the mill.

Has anyone done this?

Measurements of the mill I want aren't on the site so I eyeballed the drawings I made at my desk today.

Curious if anyone has done something like this?

thanks
jake

The base is actually what holds the two end plates square to each other for smooth spinning. Of course, you can mount to a plate first, then to the lid.

Thanks, I didn't notice or know that.

Ok.. I'll modify my plans a little to include a small sheet of diamond-plate or wood for the mills base.

:mug:

Thanks.

I'll check this out when I get home. We filter a lot at work so I can't see most pictures.

jake

You definitely want the mill mounted to something sturdy. I would think the plastic lid by itself would flex too much, causing the alignment of the rollers to skew.
My mill is mounted to the bottom of 3/4" particle board, which is covered with melomine on both sides. It's the stuff used for shelving sold at the big box stores. 3 rubber stoppers screwed to the bottom of the board around the diameter of the bucket opening hold it in place.

Back