Anyone use UPrinting.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sboyajian

Reaction score
I currently just use paper with the milk as the glue. It works, but it's a lot of work and a bit of a pain in the butt considering they come off when you clean the bottles.

I noticed on UPrinting in their Beer Label section they have "Premium self-adhesive paper or waterproof vinyl" -- I'd prefer the paper look, but I don't know how it holds up to water. I'd like to find something I can put on the bottle and hopefully leave on the bottle for some time so I can continue to use the same bottles for the same brews.

If you've used them, I'd love to hear your experiences. The quality, the longevity, etc.

This is the link to their beer label section.
http://www.uprinting.com/cut-to-size-beer-label-printing.html

$30 for 50 labels is something I'd be willing to do, but only if I know they'll last through 9-10 batches.

Here are my current paper labels (not relevant to uprinting, but I took the picture tonight and felt like sharing it).

bottles_labeled.jpg

I've never used their beer labels, but I have had them print some brochures for me, and I was happy with how those turned out. Quick turn around, too.

Sorry I can't help directly with your question, but I thought I would vouch for the company.

If you want something to protect the labels I got some Fastlabels and they do a pretty decent job. It is a shrink wrap the goes over the label and is easy to apply

If you want something to protect the labels I got some Fastlabels and they do a pretty decent job. It is a shrink wrap the goes over the label and is easy to apply

I'll keep that in mind.

I talked to uprinting.com, they are sending me a sample kit, which will include the cut beer labels. Not sure if vinyl or 70lb paper, but either way should be good to check longevity of the product.

They did say it's permanent adhesive, so it should be along the lines of most major beer labels.

I've been eyeballing UPrinting as well. (In addition to Lightning Labels.) They sent me their sample packs, and I really like the 70lb Label Matte paper.

I'm the opposite of you though - I want labels that will allow me to delabel the bottle after use. Most commercial breweries are good for that except the likes of Elysian, Oakshire and Iron Horse for example. I love Ninkasi and Dogfish Head's easily removed labels.

I'm planning on cutting my samples, sticking them on bottles and see how well they stay on when they get cold and wet, and then how easily they are removed.

They sent me a wine bottle label, that is the same stock as the paper beer label. I'll be sticking it on a bottle and soaking it.

I want the ability to remove as I sometimes do if I don't plan on remaking a beer after use or keep if I want. For $28 for 50, I'd like to be able to reuse the bottles for the same beers if possible.

Lightning Labels' sample packs have some SWEET label materials. I'm afraid to ask for a quote on some of them though.

I currently just use paper with the milk as the glue. It works, but it's a lot of work and a bit of a pain in the butt considering they come off when you clean the bottles.

I noticed on UPrinting in their Beer Label section they have "Premium self-adhesive paper or waterproof vinyl" -- I'd prefer the paper look, but I don't know how it holds up to water. I'd like to find something I can put on the bottle and hopefully leave on the bottle for some time so I can continue to use the same bottles for the same brews.

If you've used them, I'd love to hear your experiences. The quality, the longevity, etc.

This is the link to their beer label section.
http://www.uprinting.com/cut-to-size-beer-label-printing.html

$30 for 50 labels is something I'd be willing to do, but only if I know they'll last through 9-10 batches.

Here are my current paper labels (not relevant to uprinting, but I took the picture tonight and felt like sharing it).

Our Labels are unaffected by moisture/water. You can peel them off easily for cleanings and then toss them right back on the next batch. There is no adhesive to wear out. We charge $5-$6 for a sheet of 12, our shipping is cheap and you won't have to buy more down the road.

What is the size of the custom upload rectangle label?

We set the height at 3.7" for 12 oz bottles. Then the width is whatever it needs to be to be scaled for that height. If it is a really wide label it may affect the quantity that can fit on a sheet but that is rare. Bottom line we can work with any size.

I assume I could print sideways? I prefer my labels to be 3.25H x 4W. I can adjust the the 3.25 to be 3.7. I like the wrap around look more.

I'll give it a shot after the holidays. Thanks for the insight.

I assume I could print sideways? I prefer my labels to be 3.25H x 4W. I can adjust the the 3.25 to be 3.7. I like the wrap around look more.

I'll give it a shot after the holidays. Thanks for the insight.

I'm pretty sure I can fit 3.25H x 4W on the a sheet without any problems. Feel free to reach out to us through the site and we can take your file and tell you for sure whether it will fit before you order. Should be no problem though.

I've never used UPrinting for beer labels, but I had them print up a bunch of custom calendars one year. They were responsive to questions, quick with printing, with high-quality print resolution on nice paper. My father, who is a professional graphic designer, also routinely has them make big prints of some of his work.

I had no idea that they did beer labels, but I'd definitely be glad to give them a chance on those given my good previous experience with them.

I did get the samples. One was a wine bottle label which looks great. I haven't put it on a bottle yet, but from what I can tell it looks and feels like if will stand up over time.

Latest posts

Back