Anyone researched importing rhizomes to China?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatDragon

Not actually a dragon.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably going to have to look into this myself. A quick search hasn't been very promising, but I'm hoping someone may have had reason to look into this before and got some conclusive answers. I live in China and have a few places where I could plant, so as rhizome buying season is approaching, I'd like to know if I have any options or if I should just give up on the idea.

Check with this member, last year he was looking for rhizomes too. I know that he was also working with seeds on a breeding experiment. He is in China.

Hi,
Any luck finding rhizomes or hop seeds in China, or somebody who´s willing to ship to China? I´m homebrewing from BJ and I´m really interested in planting some hops.
Cheers!

I think finding someone who would be willing to ship to China wouldn't be too hard; I feel like I reached out to a vendor in the hops growing subforum last year and he was willing to ship to China, but I want to know that it's kosher before I actually do it. I haven't really pursued this further since posting, so I don't have anything more to add yet, but if I get the time, I'll probably continue to look into this.

Back