Anyone refill a regular 15 gallon keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInCtown

Reaction score
I know you can all pop the valves out and was wondering if anyone has actually just refilled and re-used a standard keg? My BIL has two kegs sitting at his place and a tap for them I figures I could make a large batch for some of his parties and just refill his keg and then force carb it somehow. Would that even work?

Point me in any direction would help.

Mike

I think the above post isn't quite what you're looking for? Seems like your not asking to go between kegs, but just fill the 15G normally like the 5G from a primary or secondary. Yes it's the same. You just need a Type D coupler instead of your pin or ball locks. Then force carb as usual.

I have Type D's on my cornies instead of ball or pin locks and am getting ready to start carbing my first keg.

So, exactly HOW would someone go about filling sankey kegs??? Step by step process?? Anyone? I've got a type D coupler, where do we go from here??

I would imagine you'd prefer to syphon from your fermenter, in which case, check out the sankey breakdown link I posted above (Sanke keg further revealed!). With this removed, you can clean and sanitize everything easy. Syphon/rack your beer, rebuild the sankey connection, pressurize and check for any leaks.

Latest posts

Back