Anyone put a Blichmann Boilcoil in a SS brewtech 10 gallon kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
Was thinking of putting a boilcoil in the ss brewtech kettle going to measure the kettle shortly but figured I would ask on here if anything I should watch out for and be mindful of.

As always thanks!

I've been contemplating the same thing. I have a 7.5g blichmann and 120v coil. I'm not sure the Ss diptube would clear the coil. The blichmann diptube goes in between and over the coil. I would have to measure the coil diameter and a 10g Ss diameter, maybe that way there would be enough room between the kettle wall and coil to fit their diptube.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1485177977.453028.jpg

I've been contemplating the same thing. I have a 7.5g blichmann and 120v coil. I'm not sure the Ss diptube would clear the coil. The blichmann diptube goes in between and over the coil. I would have to measure the coil diameter and a 10g Ss diameter, maybe that way there would be enough room between the kettle wall and coil to fit their diptube.View attachment 385912

I ordered a boilcoil this morning and that seems to be the only potential fitment issue but I will report back once I get it lined up.

I've been contemplating the same thing. I have a 7.5g blichmann and 120v coil. I'm not sure the Ss diptube would clear the coil. The blichmann diptube goes in between and over the coil. I would have to measure the coil diameter and a 10g Ss diameter, maybe that way there would be enough room between the kettle wall and coil to fit their diptube.View attachment 385912

Semi-related how long does it take you to get to boil using the 120V? I was thinking of helping the coil out with propane to get to boil quickly.

for extract brews you want to steep the grains anyway so I am fine with coming from ambient temp to whatever the directions recommend the duration is usually 30 minutes for the steeping so I think it would be ideal.

Cool, i assume you ordered the 2000w? What size Ss kettle do you have, 10 gallon? I checked the diameters and the boilcoil is 9.8" and 10g kettle is 13.8", so with 4" in between i imagine it will fit. Definitely post back with a pic of it lined up

It takes me 20 minutes to go from mash out 168F temp to boil. I brew indoors and do not use any kind of insulation. I'm very happy with the strength of boil, getting about .80 gallons boil off when i let her rip the whole 60 minutes.

Yes, 2000w and a 10 gallon kettle. I figured it would fit based on width just clearing the pick up tube is my concern we will find out soon.

Back