Anyone put a 1/2 or 1/4 barrel in a 7.2 Frigidaire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOP-HEAD

Reaction score
Mine measures 16.5" across, so I think they'll fit, but I'm nervous to buy one and find out it's too tight... anyone done it?

Is it 16.5 on the insides? I have a GE 7.0 and I can't fit a 1/4 - 1/2 ... at 16 1/8 for either a 1/4 - 1/2 you'd be cutting it real close, if it fits at all

Kegs-new.jpg

Exactly my point... if they're truly 16-1/8", I'd be able to slide one in... tightly. I just know that dimensions vary a little, so I'm not positive they're exactly 16-1/8"

How wide inside is your 7.0 GE?

I have a 7.2 Sunbeam and I can fit a 1/2 pretty easily plus two cornys on the hump. Can you fit 2 cornys side by side? If so, you should be able to fit a 1/2.

I have a 7.2 Magic Chef that's 17" across and it has a Sanke in it. The Sanke has 3 X 1" square tube legs on it for the bottom dump. So, since there's three (a tripod), just add 1" to the keg width. It fits fine with a little bit of breathing room. Not hard to lift in and out.

No, I cannot fit 2 cornie directly side by side. They have to be angled slightly from one another. But, their diameter is more like 9 inches, so two of them together are closer to 18 than to 16.5. So even though I can't fit 'em, there's still hope that a 1/4 will slide in.

Depending on what beer you want, it may come in a slim quarter, the local lager i buy does. Its the only other beer i'll keep on tap other than homebrew now that i started kegging. If youre buying all different brands its a different story. I would go to your local dist. and ask if you could leave a deposit and take an empty home, then just take it back to get your deposit back.

Back