Anyone own a weber smokey mountain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smoke a lot in -35 - 0 weather all winter long and during these times I just foil wrap the water bowl for easy cleanup and use the minion method and adjust temps by opening or closing side vents

This thread and the weber virtual bullet site have convinced me that I need, not want, a Weber Smokey Mountain. I just need to get some home repairs taken care of first and replace a couple of appliances, but I know what I'm asking for my birthday.

This thread and the weber virtual bullet site have convinced me that I need, not want, a Weber Smokey Mountain. I just need to get some home repairs taken care of first and replace a couple of appliances, but I know what I'm asking for my birthday.

I bought one in perfect shape for $100 off craigslist (I even got the nice cover and a bag of Kinsford with it). New is nice, but maybe a craigslist find will get it to you sooner than your bday.

Here's a pic to dream on... this thread is grossly inadequate in the pic dept. Two pastrami, a brisket, and two pork butts.

_mg_8321-62813.jpg

Had my wsm for a couple of years but really starting to use it frequently this season. Just got the DigiQ and love the control it provides. I've been using water in the pan but am switching to the clay pot base. For those that use that method, what size base would you suggest for a 22.5" WSM?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back