Anyone in the PNW want some millet malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igliashon

Reaction score
My brewery has decided not to pursue further R&D with Colorado Malting Company malts, due to their pricing structure not fitting our budget. We're sitting on ~70 lbs of specialty millet malts: 25 lbs chocolate millet malt, ~24 lbs C60 crystal millet malt, and ~21 lbs C20 crystal millet malt. It's tasty stuff, imparts a spicy fruity flavor kind of like rye. Since we no longer have plans to use it for R&D, we'd like to unload it on a homebrewer at a deep discount--PROVIDED you can come pick it up!

It's located north of Seattle, in Edmonds WA. If you're interested, PM me and we can figure out a price. Suffice to say it will be heavily discounted over what you'd pay them for it.

If no one gets back to me inside of a week, I'm just going to compost it. It's taking up a lot of space.

If no one wants it and you are going to trash it I would pay shipping.....I'm on the east coast but would still be cheaper than buying it from CO and then paying for shipping on top of grain price

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Millet Malt... Hmm... What could I brew?? What would 10# of the C20 go for? I might be able to make it to Edmonds... Brewery tour included?

I'm trying to avoid shipping it. I'm also trying to avoid selling only a fraction of it. I just realized we also have about 15 lbs of their pale white proso millet malt and maybe half that of red milo pale malt.

I'm trying to avoid shipping it. I'm also trying to avoid selling only a fraction of it. I just realized we also have about 15 lbs of their pale white proso millet malt and maybe half that of red milo pale malt.

It's in Edmonds WA right?

Yes, it's in Edmonds. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough in the OP.

We don't have a local source, but we do have a cheaper source. It's a bummer, I love the flavor of these CMC grains but we can't make their pricing work.

Yes, it's in Edmonds. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough in the OP.

We don't have a local source, but we do have a cheaper source. It's a bummer, I love the flavor of these CMC grains but we can't make their pricing work.

So how much for 10# of C20, brewery tour included - I'll pick up -

Well, our facility is not open yet so I can't offer any tours, and I'm trying to avoid selling it in smaller quantities (and avoid shipping it, too, just because it's a PITA to pack up and ship 100 lbs of malt that's in open sacks). $50 gets you all 100 lbs to deal with at your discretion, that's the final offer.

I'm still interested in paying for shipping if u change ur mind or don't have any takers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

By the way, $50 for 100# is a great deal. Anyone on the west coast should be jumping on this.

Sent from space for your convenience

Back