Anyone have experience with these "True Brand Cooler" beer fridges? Need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawaiianbrewer

Reaction score
Aloha, found this on CL. Anyone know if this seems like a good deal? I dont now much about the brand but it could make a nice fermenting chamber or serving rig. Thanks in advance!

Stainless steel True brand beer cooler. Has a door on the the top of the counter. It has provisions for two tap towers, only has one tower and no taps. Its a little rough but gets nice and cold!
$100.00

cooler.jpg

True is a commercial model. They aren't very energy efficient, but they have massive pull down (cooling capacity) and will last just about forever.

That model is made for bar backs. Towers for draft and the door on top for easy access to bottles. They are heavy and built to last. Not much changes from year to year. They are loud though, nobody in a noisy bar notices though. In your house however you will hear it.

(Edit) Being a good deal is relative here. I assume it is just the fridge...no tank, hookups or taps. So to me it would be a good deal if I had the missing parts on hand, or wanted to buy them, and I had a garage or shed to put it in. If I wanted one that was plug n play I could put in my living room...not so much.

That's a pretty sweet deal if it runs. I have a 4 keg Bev-Air out in my garage that I picked up for $600. It's definitely louder than a home unit, but not too bad. The main problem is that it drips a LOT of condensation when the humidity is up. I wouldn't keep one in the the finished areas of a house for that reason. Especially in Hawaii.

Man I love this place. Thanks for all your help! The guess main thing is that our electricity bill is pretty killer already. General rule of thumb at least on our island, what ever the yearly estimated cost on an appliance is, here we triple it. I dont think I can afford to run this if its an energy beast. Thanks again though, you guys are very knowledgeable and appreciate the quick responses.

Back