Anyone get their Northern Brewer rhizomes yet???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breez7

Reaction score
I pre ordered some rhizomes and was hoping to have them by now, has anyone on here gotten theirs yet or know when to expect them?

You probably won't get them until closer to april. Most peoples planting seasons don't start until then. I'm sure they don't want to send them out early and have a bunch of people complaining about bad rhizomes because they didn't store them correctly.

About the only companies that are shipping right now are those that produce the rhizomes (Freshops, Thyme Garden, etc). Distributors, like NB, should be shipping by the end of the month.

I just got my hops from NB yesterday but my question is what to do with them now since I can not plant them yet. We are still getting below 30 at night here in Michigan.

I have 6 in a plastic bag. What should I do with them until I can plant them. I am traveling all next week so I want to make sure they don't die before I get back and plant them.

If there's moisture in the bag, then just toss them in the fridge. If not, then wrap them in a damp paper towel and put them in the fridge.

Back