Anyone from GA???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local404

Reaction score
Brand new to homebrew talk. I've been brewing for about a year and a half now, and I must say I'm loving it. How many people we got from georgia, or the metro-atlanta area?

Midtown ATL when working, Auburn, GA (near Lawrenceville) when at home...

:mug:

-Tripod

PS - WELCOME TO HBT!!!

Decatur, GA (Home)
Kennesaw, GA (Work)
Dallas, GA (Brewing)

Welcome to HBT, between this place and the BN, I've learned more in the last 9 months than I have in three years of messing around with homebrew and homebrew shops.

Also, if you haven't, be sure to sign the petition for Brewmaster's Warehouse so they can share their awesomeness with GA.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/terms

Good to know so many people from the dirty south are home brewin it up! Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] to talk about homebrew, share an awesome recipe or whatever. Also i decided to name myself Local 404 brewery and I'm sure all my ATL people will understand. Just wondering what other brewery names people have?

Local do you order in bulk? I have been in that shop a few times. A little pricy on somestuff, nice selection though. But if you need something in a pinch they normally do have it though.

There are a lot of us from the north metro area. Check out our website, which was born from mostly HBT members, www.inhbc.org . Glad to have you around!

Any of you guys going to the Strong Beer competition this weekend?

Ga Tech grad here checking in. Hello from Sandy Springs. If you're close to Brew Depot I used to live over that way too, off Nesbitt Ferry. Welcome aboard and be sure to visit the other website for group buys and local get togethers.

Go Jackets!!

I haven't started ordering in bulk, but i can make good beers at about the same price as miller lite. Once i get more equipment (like a scale) I can start buying bulk malt

Marietta!

Only a month into this hobby and already hooked! Anybody know of any brew clubs around atlanta? If brewmaster's Warehouse has a walk in store i am going to pay them a visit tomorrow.

Ga Tech grad here checking in. Hello from Sandy Springs. If you're close to Brew Depot I used to live over that way too, off Nesbitt Ferry. Welcome aboard and be sure to visit the other website for group buys and local get togethers.

Go Jackets!!

Sorry for being Negative Nancy, BUT..........

This homebrew store is a rip off!!

They will rape your wallet, you are better off ordering online, you will pay less even with shipping cost.

They are charging $1.75lb for 2-Row!!!!:mad:
That is NUTS!!
I have the receipt, I saved it to show brew brothers I brew with to detour them from getting ripped off like I did.

He (the owner which I know and used to be a fair priced person until he moved to Alpharetta, bought the new location and changed his passion for brew to a passion for money) likes to raise the price on grain that is purchased in higher quantity.

Just trying to look out for my local brewers.

I recommend you stop by there,it is a nice store but you can't take someone else's word for it. Be sure to bring more money than you expect to spend.

I'm as far north in Gwinnett as you can go in the Hamilton Mill community exit 120. I stopped brewing around 1993...I think. I'm thinking about coming back

Marietta!

Only a month into this hobby and already hooked! Anybody know of any brew clubs around atlanta? If brewmaster's Warehouse has a walk in store i am going to pay them a visit tomorrow.

Yeah, Insert Name Here Brew Club.

inhbc.org

Sorry for being Negative Nancy, BUT..........

This homebrew store is a rip off!!

They will rape your wallet, you are better off ordering online, you will pay less even with shipping cost.

They are charging $1.75lb for 2-Row!!!!:mad:
That is NUTS!!
I have the receipt, I saved it to show brew brothers I brew with to detour them from getting ripped off like I did.

I recommend you stop by there,it is a nice store but you can't take someone else's word for it. Be sure to bring more money than you expect to spend.

Tuck I could not have said it better. Price went up on grain now $1.85 and up depending on what grain you want. Just ordered 55 pounds of row 2 pale ale malt today for 36.93 crushed and 24.31 for shipping!!!! Still puts me way under what I would have topay at the brew shops. I will just be buying other grains that are needed, and not over 5 pounds.

I'm as far north in Gwinnett as you can go in the Hamilton Mill community exit 120. I stopped brewing around 1993...I think. I'm thinking about coming back

I'm about 8 miles from Hamilton Mill down at the southern end of Mt Moriah! Definitely get back into the brewing obsession so I can constantly bug you about swapping and comparing brews! ;)

-Tripod

Well, I've got to represent the southside again... Anybody who has never been to "Just Brew It"/"Advark Brewing Supplies" in Fayetteville is doing a disservice to him/herself. Build your own grain bill and choose from one of his two cutom-made mills to grind. Doug already had a great selection of malts, hops, yeasts, wine ingredients, equipment and now he's moving into a bigger space.

I know it's out of the way for alot of folks, but may be worth it. From Douglasville, nothing's really close; I've been to both stores up by Alpharetta and still prefer "Just Brew It".

Plus, I've always received good advice.

Well, I've got to represent the southside again... Anybody who has never been to "Just Brew It"/"Advark Brewing Supplies" in Fayetteville is doing a disservice to him/herself. Build your own grain bill and choose from one of his two cutom-made mills to grind. Doug already had a great selection of malts, hops, yeasts, wine ingredients, equipment and now he's moving into a bigger space.

I know it's out of the way for alot of folks, but may be worth it. From Douglasville, nothing's really close; I've been to both stores up by Alpharetta and still prefer "Just Brew It".

YES
I agree, I go there when I go to see my brother in Jackson Lake.

Doug is a great guy, he is very nice , good prices, and very friendly.
He bought that store from a couple about 5 years ago and has turned it around for the good. He has a passion for brewing and it shows, and he thrives on sharing his passion to others.

See I am a investor and looked into opening a shop but was turned down by Crosby & Baker because "Wine Craft" was too close to the location I wanted to open a store. This "Wine Craft" is a wine store and they only carry a very small amount of brew supplies, makes no since.
Anywho the point I am getting at is that Doug shares the same passion I have and I really felt like I was one of his good friends the first time I met him.
He even gave me freebies the first time I was in the store. This is the Brew store owner you always want to business with.

GREAT GUY!!!! :rockin:

Yeah, it's a bit of a drive for me but I really have been meaning to stop in and check the shop out.

Just a head's up - he is moving up the road by 1/2 mile within the month. 1/2 mi north on the same side of the street. I think he's still going ot have a sign at the old location for a while.

Ordered 55 pounds 2 row pale ale malt. Should be at my house by Wed!!!! Total was $61 and change shipped!

Marietta!

Cool what part of marietta? And i don't think brewmaster's warehouse has a walk in store. I've also heard they can't legally ship to georgia for some reason.

Welcome from E. Roswell. Yeah, check out inhbc.org, great way to meet some of the locals and share some brews. :mug:

Cool what part of marietta? And i don't think brewmaster's warehouse has a walk in store. I've also heard they can't legally ship to georgia for some reason.

It's not a legal issue. It's a supplier service area issue. He does operate in a store in a strip shopping center, but since he can sell to Georgia, it's an internet only business. Hopefully this will get solved soon as the Northwest side of ATL could certainly use a brew store.

I'm about 8 miles from Hamilton Mill down at the southern end of Mt Moriah! Definitely get back into the brewing obsession so I can constantly bug you about swapping and comparing brews! ;)

-Tripod

If I do get back into it, I'll let you know.

Hey, Everyone. I'm located right downtown, about .5 miles from the Zoo, off Moreland Avenue. I just got back into brewing about 6 months ago; the rig has been gathering dust for about 10 years (!), since I moved down here from Virginia. Anyway, the bug bit me again a while back and I'm enjoying getting back into it.

Joined the club, etc. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know some of you and perhaps brewing together in the future. Cheers!

Back