anyone every bottle in Red Stripe bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father (he's turning 93 this year!) found an empty case of Labbatt's and an empty case of Molson, both stubbies, both from (I think) the 70's. Cleaned 'em up and sterilized them, but the Emily capper won't work on them because the levers slide up the shoulders and the capper rises right off the top of the bottle; so, I'll hold off using them until I get a bench capper.

EDIT: Labbatt's labels practically wiped off, the Molson labels stuck like they were held on with gorilla glue.

i have one of the big ones i think it's 22-24oz not really sure. it's been one of my bottles for 3 years now. i used dishsoap and a stainless steel scrubbie and got all the paint off. takes like 5 mins

I tried sanding one (manual sanding...not power tool), StarSan bath, and I got nothing. It's too much work...mine went out for recycling.

Rev - what bottle did you end up going with? Wondering if you went the Red Stripe route?

Actually there'a new Michigan brewery "North Peak Brewing Company" just started using them. I don't know if they are available out of Michigan, but I am excited. And the beer is pretty tasty as well.

163163_487494449066_620469066_5957470_6836063_n.jpg

Paper labels rock.

Back