Anyone ever succesfully made a tasty Energy Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
Any recipes out there? If so did you just add energy syrup to the primary during fermentation or after in secondary?

I've brewed a few with Yerba Mate and that definitely gets your heart pumping. Although, if you don't like the tea to begin with you probably wouldn't like the taste of the beer...

The ingredients in most energy drinks increase heart rate. Alcohol increases heart rates. Increased heart rate X 2 = big time liability and risk of death for people with heart conditions. I wouldn't mess with it.

The ingredients in most energy drinks increase heart rate. Alcohol increases heart rates. Increased heart rate X 2 = big time liability and risk of death for people with heart conditions. I wouldn't mess with it.

I was thinking of just making a 2 gallon batch for personal use. Im mostly thinking of making this to kill curiousity :)

I make a coffee stout with a large amount of espresso in it. I like to think that will put a kick in your pants. Maybe I should start drinking that in the mornings instead of coffee sans beer.

I've made a ton of coffee stouts, im curious about a beer that taste like an energy drink. Example: redbull

I made a beer with coca tea and yerba mate. It was like a heart attack in a glass. Fortunately it was a small batch.

I want to do it again and use less of both ingredients. I have a ton of both teas... maybe I'll do it in the near future. Coca tea + yerba mate = crazy stimulation. I have some powdered taurine too, I should add that and make it a Four Loko, lol.

Back