Anyone ever put Champagne on tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shred

Former Microbrewery Founder & Pro Brewer
Reaction score
We're having a few out-of-town friends in for New Year's Eve this year. I'm almost finished with my 5 tap keezer/bar build and thought it would be funny to surprise some of the girls who don't drink beer with homemade champagne on tap. Just a small batch, more as a gag than anything else.

I'd force carbonate it (unless there's a reason not to) to appropriate level and turn the gas way down to pour. Am I missing something or can I actually do this stupid trick?

Sounds simple to me. Never seen a a champagne recipe before. Love to hear how it goes if you do it.

I don't have any experience with champagne, but I believe it has higher pressures than beer, similar to the soda range. I'd run a test with some soda or water carbed at 3.5- 4.0 volumes or carbonate some cheap wine to see how it would work in your system. You don't have to fill the corny all the way to force carb. A gallon or so should give you an idea of how will it will work. It would suck to end up serving just foamy wine.

Keep in mind that you'll either need to get extra serving line, or turn down the pressure and purge a bit to serve. You might also try some of the epoxy mixers, those don't fully solve the problem of too short of serving line, but they do help when I'm doing soda.

Back