Anyone else still waiting for their AAW motors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils4ever

Reaction score
I placed an order with All American Ale Works to mate with my new MM2-Pro mill about a month ago and I'm still waiting for it. Apparently the shipment got stuck in Customs and then there was a problem with shipping. I'm hoping to get this motor soon. Is anyone else still waiting for their motors other than me?

That stinks. I have the AAW works motor with the MM2 pro mill and it is an awesome set up. It will be worth the wait.

Here is a pic of my set up to make you jealous...,

IMG_0518.JPG

I'm holding off building a cabinet for this waiting until this motor is in my hand. But, I'd like to continue. Can you measure the length of the motor with and without the shaft for me?

Thanks!

Something from All American Ale Works got stuck in customs?? So more like, Not Quite American Ale Works? Just a little confused by this.

Hasn't this issue come up before with the AAW motors? Thought I read about it somewhere on the forum. Sorry, that sucks. I'm planning on doing exactly the same setup, though I can't yet settle on the Pro 2 or Pro 3.

Hasn't this issue come up before with the AAW motors? Thought I read about it somewhere on the forum. Sorry, that sucks. I'm planning on doing exactly the same setup, though I can't yet settle on the Pro 2 or Pro 3.

Yes, it might have. I guess they source their motors from China (like everyone).

As far as the Pro 2 or Pro 3, I couldn't see any real advantage. So, I stuck with the Pro 2. I did spend the extra to get the 1/2" keyed shaft and hardened rollers to make the connection to the motor more solid.

Yes, it might have. I guess they source their motors fro China (like everyone).

As far as the Pro 2 or Pro 3, I couldn't see any real advantage. So, I stuck with the Pro 2. I did spend the extra to get the 1/2" keyed shaft and hardened rollers to make the connection to the motor more solid.

Thanks on the note, Devils. To be honest, I always used a JSP non-adjustable 2 mill, and got a great grist mix every time, so I'm probably needlessly playing around. Maybe folks who find 3 rollers a real benefit - would you mind sharing your thoughts?

Something from All American Ale Works got stuck in customs?? So more like, Not Quite American Ale Works? Just a little confused by this.

:off:
Not really confusing.... Not much different that the many folks who brag about owning an "American" car that was likely really made in some other country like Mexico, canada or korea while more and more of the "foriegn cars" sold here are actually made in the US with US workers... The deceitful marketing lets people choose to believe whatever they want.

In this case you have a website with an American name selling something made elswhere... I dont think that really implies anything myself.. No different than buying chinese made craftman tools at sears.. Smartest thing is to never assume anything either way because sometimes the cheap chinese stuff on ebay or ali is the very same product that someone else paid 6 times more for through some middleman under another name...

beergolf,

I plan on making the top 27" X 16". Do you think is a good size to fit the mill and motor? Also, where did you get those grain storage bins?

beergolf,

I plan on making the top 27" X 16". Do you think is a good size to fit the mill and motor? Also, where did you get those grain storage bins?

Sorry for the late reply. I would have to measure my top to tell you for sure. Probably not big enough to include the scale on the same top.

The bins are called Vittles Vaults. Available at pet stores. They work great

No, I don't plan on placing my scale on it, just the motor and mill. I went head and built my cabinet with these dimensions. We'll see....

My motor is due to arrive tomorrow!!! Finally! :ban:

Back