Anyoe used this pump before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillshinen

Reaction score
I have it and have used it for a couple
of brews.

It's a nice small little pump, which I use for recirculating some 50L (~12G) in a BiaB setup, and pushing it through a heat exchanger.

It has a decent output flow, quite silent, it's magnetic (and thus can be controlled by choking the output), although lacks a bit in pump head. Far less powerful than a chugger, mind it!

Compared to the cheap Chinese brown pump it has similar power, a bit more flow and is 2-3 times as big. Build seems better as well.

To be honest, compared to the brown solar pumps, I'm not sure the upgrade is worth.

Hope it helps.

I use the $20 Chinese brown pump for mash recirculation. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with it's performance, especially given the price.

I only use it at mash temperatures, haven't tried it at boiling yet. But the flow rate is fine for recirculating a 5G batch.

I have used it at boiling. Works fine.

Cheers.

Edit: I was referring to the brown pump, but it is true for both brown and Aliexpress pumps.

Boy does that look familiar! I have been looking at the KegKing pumps Morebeer is selling...here... I would venture that this is the same pump - but with the stainless head already installed. Morebeer charges another $29.99 for the stainless head...pump comes from them with, from what I read a very unsatisfactory poly head.

Cheers!

I'm with you on that... I have a "mistreated" Chugger with the Poly head that has been running quite well for going on 1.5 years now (17 batches). Mistreated as I ignorantly didn't notice that the pump requires oiled periodically.... so now though it still runs well it is getting noisy in the back end. Eventually it will seize I'm pretty sure.

Brewers Hardware appears to have the best prices on pumps, Inline SS Chugger @ $138 - but their shipping rates at $15 kind of negates the good deal on the pump -

Still shopping...

Edit: Found a deal at Jet.com total $126.48 -here-

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back