California Anybody trying to open a NANO? go pro in CA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
saw a post on SF bay area craigslist when i was looking for barrels. there's what appears to be a 2bbl brewhouse, cellar, and taproom stuff (coolers, tap towers, walk in cooler, etc) for lease. says "california" and mentions delivery so i assume that means anywhere in the state...? says its a "stupid cheap" lease rate. just have a location and some insurance.

sounds like a pretty damn good deal given that nano gear is almost always gonna be a bit of wasted capital...... if you're any good you'll outgrow it quickly. if not, you'll sell it at a discount. either way, from the list of stuff here you could probably avoid about 20-30k of purchase costs by leasing this gear- assuming it is in fact stupid cheap....

MOD/ADMINS- i have no idea where this "should" go but i figured regional might be good spot. feel free to move if need be.

Nano brewery 2bbl system and taproom gear for LEASE -...

dunno. not familiar with leasing equipment in the brewery industry.

here's a frame of reference for restaurant/bar. we were paying like 200/mo lease for a 400# ice machine that retails for like 3500 new. so you're paying like 5-6% of the company's purchase price on monthly basis.

now- i have no idea if thats just what this one company charges, or if thats an industry "standard" or something along those lines. its refrigeration, so probably on the high side given the maintainence/service needs, etc.

hows this? if you were to blow 30k and put it on a credit card you're looking at 1200/month. (19% interest plus minimum according to the interwebs)
if you did a commercial equipment lease its at least 10% interest rate, if not more like 15%. i'd wager thats at least 300-400/month interest only right now. higher if you're amortizing the principal over X number years.etc.

so yeah, there you go. i'd wager these two examples are probably most relevant if you're in bootstrap/startup mode.

Back