Anybody Try RiteBrew Carboys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gswartley

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was surfing and found this carboy. I like the idea of no ribs due to me having yeast sit on the rib and fall into the beer when siphoning it, also it makes cleaning easier. Also the price seems to be a little cheaper than Better Bottles.

Carboys

Gregg

You know, I think my 3 gallon carboy is one of those, but it's out in the garage behind a big pile of stuff right now, so I can't check. To be honest it is my first time using it right now, so I haven't really given it a proper workout yet.

They are PET so no problem there. I would be a little concerned about their strength with the "no ribs" feature.

I have buckets which are plastic and have no ribs, and I don't think they are weak at all. I think it depends on the thickness of the material.

A couple of them are going on my Christmas list. :D

I have buckets which are plastic and have no ribs, and I don't think they are weak at all. I think it depends on the thickness of the material.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Plastic buckets are a different material, thickness, and design/shape.

I have a couple of them and I prefer them over Better Bottles.

Back