Anybody making anything on Thanksgiving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikolausXX

Reaction score
Im going to make an apfelwein with 3068 yeast in a 5 gallon carboy! I have the stuff warming up right now! I dont have time to brew a beer, but I can throw together another apfelwein for sure!

I'm frying a turkey tomorrow and I'm very tempted to mash at the same time so I can throw the kettle on the burner afterward. If not then I'll be brewing on Friday.

I won't be brewing on tomorrow because I will be working in the ER hoping nobody has a tragic deep fryer accident or a horrible tryptophan overdose so that I can make it home to my beautiful SWMBO (just figured out what that meant by the way) for quiet dinner and sleep to wake up and do it all again. I will however be enjoying a Thanksgivingesque meal on Friday after work and we may brew a 10gal batch of Haus Pale. I'm super excited...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Todd

Trying a scottish 60-/ (or 70-/) for the first time on friday. I am shooting for a 60-/ but if my efficiency rocks, then a 70-/ it is!! :ban:

I'm going to *make* my family cry when I let them know what a dissappointment thay all have been.
I know it's a little early, but "I got a lot of problems woth you people"

I can't wait for the feat sof strength.

A Festivus for the Restofus.

I am making a huge batch of my garlic and sour cream mashed potatoes as well as a green bean casserole to bring over to a friends house for a thanksgiving pot-lock thing we have been doing every year. I wont be brewing but, I will be bringing over a fair share of homebrew to consume. I will probably brew on Sunday.

The smoker will be in use ( nice fat ham ) and I will be brewing a Porter for SWMBO.
Apfelwein will also be bottled and sourdough pancakes will start the day.
Need to rack some mead as well.

Will be drinking much milk stout during the process. :drunk:
life is good.

I am Brewing a B3 Christmas ale kit and Smoking a turkey and a pork shoulder over cherry wood. Will be cold here in Michigan and I need to go get my fire going it is almost 6 am.

Will be kicking off my 3rd batch on Friday. A Paulaner style Hefe (Extract + Grains). Will also be taking my first taste of my Fat Tire clone. :drunk:

:ban:

Can't wait!!

Happy Turkey Day All!!!

:mug:

I'm gonna be doing a "Pliny-style" Imperial IPA. Huge, huge hops of many varieties, I'm planning on doing incremental additions throughout the boil and aiming for 150+ IBUs.

Need a name for this beast though.

No brew to be brewed today, just a very nice *FAT* feast with the family and some homebrews poured-a-plenty, got the ingredients for a christmas spiced ale on tuesday and plan on brewin that up on saturday and then lettin it bottle age until christmas day where ill probably go to a friends house and share it with everyone!

I'm not making anything, but I just finished my first IPA batch yesterday. We are visiting my wife's family in Portland (my first time). Our contribution to Thanksgiving was the beer. Needless to say, I used this as an opportunity to try all sorts of new beers, as Utah sucks for variety in general.

Right now I am enjoying a fresh hop ale. The bottle says that the hops are picked and within 3 hours are in the wort. Damn good!

Ahoy hoy,
No brewing today, but I am bottling 10 gallons up. A jubelale clone, and a batch of the same Cascade orange ale that planenut mentioned brewing with his son. I timed them both so I would have something to do while i watch the lions lose, and nostalgic movies all day. This is the Army is on as I type this, pumpkin pie is cooling next to the laptop, turkey goes in in an hour, and im bottling all around this. Ah, the holidays....
I bid you all a top notch Thanksgiving day!

Just finished making a pale ale and kegging up a heffe... No turkey today though (my fam is celebrating Turkey day on saturday....) Is it bad that half a glass of heffe has given me a buzz? (No food, lots of coffee, 6 oz of green beer - really cheep buzz)

I brewed up a wonderful smelling batch of chocolate oatmeal stout. Things went pretty dang smoothly too. I think I just might be getting the handle on this all-grain stuff.

As a bonus, I had a buddy over who just started homebrewing and I walked him through the AG process.

Back