Anybody living or know someone with SVT(Supraventricular Tachycardia)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 YO son has been diagnosed with it. Well, the Cardiologist said it's probably this, but he needs to do some more testing. A few weeks ago my some said that his heart was racing and felt dizzy. I told him to sit down and relax, but I really didn't think much of it. This past week I was out of town on business and my wife called and said that Matt's heart was racing and he felt dizzy. She took him to his Dr's and then Children's hospital in Boston. SVT seems to have been the consensuses. I've just started to do some research and don't really know anything about it.
I wanted to know if anybody has SVT or knows someone living with?

My son plays hockey. The Dr said it isn't a problem playing sports, but once in a while you hear a kid drop in the middle of a game. It's kinda scary. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks all...

Most common would be wolf Parkinson white in the peds age group. The aberrant pathway can typically be ablated with resolution of symptoms. Should be able to diagnose it with an ekg. The condition can be generally asymptomatic but is problematic for some people requiring medication/ablation.

If it's not that they will probably need to do a 24hr holter monitor. I'm not too familiar with the other pediatric causes for svt so you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in

Back